Monday, April 4, 2011

My heart is with the Butler Bulldogs tonight

I've been listening to Dad the past week or so going spastic about Butler in the NCAA Tournament. Well, I watched some of the game Saturday night--notice I said "some" because Dad and Mom got nervous and kept flipping it back to the Reds game. Tonight, I want the Dawgs to bring it home! Yes, because they're an Indianapolis team and the coach is nice and smart and the players are all respectful. Dad keeps saying Coach Stevens runs a clean program. I'm not sure if that means the same thing as me not making messes in the house, but it sounds good.

Mainly, I want them to win tonight because Blue II, the Bulldogs' mascot, seems like one cool dude. Someone I could hang out with and swap stories over a beer down at the pub. And, seriously, even though Connecticut's nicknames are the "Huskies," huskies just do not have the same coolness factor as a bulldog ... or even a beagle for that matter!

So tonight, if Mom and Dad can stand it, we'll have the game on in our household. And even if they can't, I'm taking control of the remote and keeping the damn channel right where it is.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Butler came so close last year. I hope they win it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't quite make it, Karen! I've never seen them shoot so poorly. I tried to encourage them and to get Blue II to fire 'em up. Just didn't work. Well... they have a great coach and of course they ARE the BullDOGS, so they can come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bulldogs will always be the best.

    ReplyDelete